Before you get started, here are my some rules for spray tanning that you must follow to ensure your success:
1. Prep your skin. Before your appointment, shave all unwanted hair and exfoliate with an oil-free body scrub (shave a day before not right before your appointment)
2. Arrive with bare skin. Show up to your appointment with completely clean skin as products can prevent even application. This means no makeup, sunscreen, lotion, oil, deodorant, moisturizer, or perfume!
3. Dress accordingly. Wear whatever makes you most comfortable, whether it be an old swimsuit, underwear, or whatever your comfortable. This decision is completely up to you. Also, be sure to wear dark, loose-fitting clothing after your session. The tighter your clothes, the more likely you are to streak.
4. Stand still. Once you’re ready to start the spray tan, stand still, close your eyes and anticipate the cold! Wiggling around can cause streaking and an uneven application of the spray tan.
5. Skip your workout. Yes, you heard right! Avoid the gym until after your shower or risk ending up with streaks from your sweat.
6. Shower properly. After your spray tan, wait 10-12 hours to shower. I recommend you sleep in it and shower the next morning. The solution can take anywhere from 6-12 hours to develop, and showering too early can lighten the color. Your first shower should be warm water rinse only! No soap for 24 hours. When you do shower, use mild soaps and stay away from scrubs and brushes for a week. I recommend Norvell body wash. When you get out, instead of wiping your skin, be gentle and just pat yourself down. Follow up with a heavy moisturizing lotion to extend the life of your tan and help it fade more evenly. I recommend Norvell 24 hour moisturizer.
To Book your spray tan session at 4040 Penn Ave Reading PA 19609 book on our website. www.pureskinpro.com or call us.