Considering getting a Brazilian wax?
Brazilian waxes are very common nowadays and most people have heard of them, even if they’ve never had one.
Below find some helpful information on how to prepare, what to expect during your visit and how to care for your skin after a waxing session.
- Stop shaving! Your first step is to stop shaving. Do not shave or use any other hair removal products or creams 3-4 weeks prior to your appointment. You hair should be ¼ inch long for optimal waxing.
- Exfoliate the area being waxed a few days before. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin and lifts the hair, which assists in better hair removal.
- Please shower before your appointment and lightly exfoliate before your appointment. Make sure you are extra clean and don’t come to your appointment after the gym.
- Let your esthetician know if you are taking any medication that can affect your waxing results, such as blood thinners, Acutane, or Retin-A (or similar products) If you are using topical acne or skin lighting products.
- Do not tan the bikini area in the 24 hours prior to your wax appointment.
- With doctor’s approval, pain products such as ibuprofen can be taken 30 minutes before a bikini wax to alleviate any possible pain. (Please get doctor consent)
- Do expect to have some level of discomfort. We are removing the hair from the root! However, due expect future visits to be easier and less uncomfortable. (everyone’s level of discomfort is different.
- You may experience some redness and soreness after your wax, these are common temporary reactions and should subside within 24 hrs.
- Wear clean lose fitting pants and clean cotton underwear. Avoid any tight clothes that rub excessively.
- Don’t take hot shower; go to the gym, tanning or sauna 24 hrs after waxing.
- Purchase your post care product to apply to the waxed area every day to prevent ingrown hairs, infection, and regrowth.
- Don’t shave in between your waxing appointments.
- Book your follow up appointment in 3-4 weeks.
- Call your Licensed Esthetician and get a one on one to get you ready for your appointment and to answer any of your questions.